Preparation time: 15 min.
Cooking time: 10min
Standing time: 15 min.
Ingredients (10 people):
- 1 cucumber
- 200 g yellow bell pepper (±7 oz)
- 200 g green bell pepper (±7 oz)
- 200 g white onion (peeled) (±7 oz)
- 200 g green beans (±7 oz)
- 200 g celery (±7 oz)
- 200 g carrots (peeled) (±7 oz)
- 200 g cauliflower florets (±7 oz)
- 100 g shelled peas (±½ cup)
- 500 ml water (±2 cups)
- 6 bay leaves
- 60 g sugar (±¼ cup)
- 75 g rock salt or coarse sea salt (±⅓ cup)
- 1 l white vinegar (7% acid) (±4 cups)
Wash all vegetables well.
Slice cucumber, bell peppers and onions in strips*.
Cut green beans, celery and carrots in small pieces.
Place all vegetables in the Universal Pickling Jar. Do not fill above bottle neck.
To make brine, boil water on high heat for approx. 5-8 min., then add bay leaves, sugar and salt. Stir until dissolved; add vinegar and stir to combine.
Allow brine to cool for 5 min., then pour over mixed vegetables. Fill jar with liquid until it reaches bottle neck.
Allow to stand for 10 min. to allow liquid to settle in between ingredients, adding more liquid if needed until it reaches bottle neck, then close with the Pickling Cover.
Store jar upright for up to 6 months in a cool, dark location. Contents will be ready to consume in 2-3 weeks.
After opening, store vertically in refrigerator and use within 20 days.
*To save time slice cucumber, peppers and onion MandoJunior (thickness 2).